13/06/2013

Dir en Grey - Live in Cologne 11-06-13

Hello everyone~

I just came back yesterday from my small 3 day trip to Cologne, Germany, from Sunday - Wednesday~

I went there because Dir en Grey was about to come for a live show there and even tho it's pretty far away from me I was able to go and it was so so so so worth it.

I had never imagined them to be this amazing, they were incredible and energetic and they seemed to enjoy it so much, except maybe Shinya, I'm not so sure as to what was wrong with him, he seemed meh... ;;

So here's a small report, with lots of fangirling elements from my side :p



I'd post a pic of the merch that I got but I can't find my camera ;; tho I just got a hoodie and the bag and the signed copy of 'the Unraveling' :3

I got there at like 4 pm and just sat down somewhere [no I don't talk to people at concerts..really, I just don't... I prefer being by myself..  ;D] so I waited for about 90 mins until I made my way to the main entrance to get in for the VIP stuff ..

There were probably like a hundred... and the pushing around already started... 

So I went in all chill and happy and excited and once inside we got the uhm..VIP stuff and then we all lined up and waited for the band to come out.

Actually, I think the 'photo opportunity' disappointed everyone a little since basically, the band came in, everyone was like *aahsahdjsf*, I actually had tears in my eyes but yeah, and they freaking went to stand behind a barrier thingy.. that's when everyone was like 'what?!' 

Anyways, each of us then went to stand in front of the barrier, got a picture taken and yep, that was the 'barrier-photo-opportunity' but it was good to see them just being..human? Like to just realize that they're not just on stage but to just see them standing there... *^*
~
And I was awkward as fuck..oh god... it was so embarrassing like I went over there and I was all fucking shaking and just nodded my head a little and then bent my knees a whole lot since I'm so tall and aah.. and then I got up, got my bag where I left it and just awkwardly bowed my head to them and breathed out something that probably should have been a 'arigatou' but sounded more like 'arrrgaaa' and then I ran off... I RAN ...why.. I was so nervous ;; -sob-

Don't mind the rambling but I'm an awkward duck.. ;;
~
and the members looked a little uncomfortable, tho Die was smiling here and there and Toshiya at least smiled a little...wearing sunglasses ;D

this much to the photo opportunity ... I wonder when they'll upload them tho.. :o

So then we all just stood there again and then the moment happened that made me feel so ashamed, but not because of what I did but because of what the fans did.. it was so embarrassing... Like the security people said that we could go towards the stage now... 

So far so good but the second they said this the fans in the front were just running towards it and they were so fixated on getting a good spot that they almost ran over the band.. THEY ALMOST RAN THEM OVER.. They didn't even realize that they were still there... I was just like 'oh no'..now you ruined it guys.. *facepalm*

I went to the front then aand got a spot in the 3rd row on the right in front of Die *^*

Then some waiting happened again..nenenne

It was so hot in the hall, I thought I'd die... Everyone was like sweating their asses off, hair wet, everything weet after the concert.. it was ew.. I've never sweat so bad before..just ew..

So then the concert staaarteeeed... and they all came in one after another, Kyo being last..
and holy smoke... you should have seen Kyo.. he looked a little scary but also so ahsakdsjfhdjg...geez.. my feelings... He actually wore like thick black eyeliner stuff smudgey around the eyes and white contacts.. and loord was he looking good.. *^*

and Die... *^* and Toshiya.. *^* I loved his new hair style... they're all just..yeah...hot actually.. some sexy people we had there.. phew..

Anyways, the concert was ROCKING.. I had so much fun there in the front, just rocking the fuck out, singing along and banging my heaad.. *I never did that before..my neck hurts ;;* It was incredible, really.. I had high expectations of that concert already but Dir en Grey was just like BAAAAAAAM, blowing my mind.. 

I even dare say that it has been my favourite concert of the concerts I've already been to so far.. it was just.. Dir en Grey, what can I say...

There was just one thing beforehand that I was a little worried about and that was actually Kyo, especially his voice. Since he had just been to the hospital because of problems with his vocal chords so I was worried that it would probably sound a little thin and not as strong as it could be...

but holy fuck... he started and his voice was TOP.. It was clear, it was strong, the mic was a little too quiet but damn does his voice have power.. he just sounded like I had always thought he'd sound like live, just strong and amazing and the things he does with his voice...aah.. :3 his voice was a dream..really.. just Kyo alone already blew me away... especially that one time where he just sang without a mic and oh god, no, I can't even put it into words but he's incredible..even if at the beginning he pulled of a pokerface but he seemed to enjoy it actually :3 I even heard that he smiled at the end which I didn't see but heey :D

and especially Die and Toshiya seemed to enjoy themselves a lot like they were both just really energetic and cheering the crowd on to be louder and they were all smiles in the end, especially Die, aaah, and it was just so lovely to see them have fun like that.. *^* Die after the last song was the cutest tho, just he didn't stop smiling and then he just started posing and threw his picks around and he was the cutest... *^*
I think it just really made me fall in love with these 2 even more, especially Die.. :3
And Kaoru was holding back a little more but that was to be expected but still, he seemed like he enjoyed it and he even came over to us  together with Toshiya a couple of times and Kyo was just in the middle of the stage all the time :3

Shinya tho, I don't know, he seemed a little, meh... like he wasn't really enjoying it... but maybe he was just in a bad mood or couldn't show it too well.. who knows.. :o

The crowd was amazing too, thewhole atmosphere was great, at least I think so :o and from the mosh pit stuff I know nothing about it..so.. I don't know, you didn't feel much from it in the front so, I dun care.. :D

And I think Dir en Grey felt how much we loove them and missed them and it was just great how everyone was rocking out and singing along with Kyo..

Especially at 'the Final'.. holy shit, it gave me goosebumps... the Final & Conceived Sorrow where probably my favourites that night..but also Obscure and LOTUS and everything...hsakjdhkad... all the good stuff.. :D

When I listened to 'the Final' on the train today I had tears in my eyes when I remebered how we all sang it together with Kyo.. ;3;

I'm really bad at remembering songs so..no idea.. I knew them all but my brain was like bleh, no.. ;D so no idea about the order of songs ;; 

So all in all, incredibly concert, lots of feelings involved and they just managed to make me forget everything else for these 2 hours and just enjoy and let it all out.. It was magical and for me, it couldn't have been any better.

It was my first Dir en Grey concert and my mind is blown, I love them even more than before now and I hope that I'll get to see them many times more *^*

Also a biiiiig biiiig thank you to Dir en Grey for giving us such a fantastic show, for everything :3 

The long travel there was so worth it and I'd do it again any time :3

Until next time *^*

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Dir EN Grey in June at Nova.

    You're right their just perfect live!

    Love greets
    Kanae~

    ReplyDelete