23/05/2013

Y.R.U. - The Bloq Boot in Black Velvet - REVIEW ✞

Hello my little squishballs ~

As you can see I changed the look of my blog a little and also gave it a new URL since I decided that my blog before was a little too..cute?

So it all turned out to be a little darker and more 'me' :D

I'm also present in the header but sadly I'm not too photogenic so you just have to ignore me :) I look more like a purple-green eyed alien from Planet Doodleiduu ~ ≧◉◡◉≦

But besides that, I have been to Stockholm over the lovely weekend [a post about the trip will follow later~] and I came back with a horrible cold- the Swedish I-do-what-I-want-weather has gotten to me.. ;3; so I've been staying at home for the past 2 days..no school for me..yay \o/

Now on the main purpose of this blog entry: I received my first pair of lovely boots from the brand 'Y.R.U.'  ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿


I ordered them from 'Karmaloop' and it was my first real impulse-buy..

I saw them on Karmaloop and they were on sale and I was like screaaaming and got all excited because they look as close to the pair of Tokyo Bopper Platform Boots that I always wanted as any other shoe can and they even had it in my size so after an hour or so of thinking and tons of should-I's and should-I-not's I finally bought them *^*

I just couldn't resist them .. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y.R.U.'s The Bloq Boot in Black Velvet:





Now on to the details of the shoes:

[taken from Karmaloop's website]


These velvet platform boots by Y.R.U. will have you raving in every way possible. Crush the city street fashion scene by stomping traffic at day and the heavy-bass by night.  Add a little texture to your outfit,  and match them with some leather leggings. 

* Tonal stitching; tonal metal eyelets
* Faux leather trim detail around tongue and collar
* Interior side zipper closure
* Shaft 7.5", platform 3" [ 7.5cm] at heel
* Comes with an additional pair of tonal laces
* Imported

I got them in a Size 10 though I now had to realize that a Size 9 would have fit too but with a pair of insoles that problem is fixed rather easily. Though if I ever decide to get the leather version of these babies then I'll definitely get them in a Size 9..or any other shoes of Y.R.U. since they just have amazing and affordable platform shoes! *^*

What I also love about these is the fact that they come with black and rainbow laces so you can choose if you want it more toned down with the black ones or if you like showing off a bit with flashy rainbow laces which is definitely what I want ever since I saw the combination of black shoes with rainbow laces on UNIF's 'Hellbound'.
 [I wish I would be a little shorter in order to be able to rock a pair of Hellbound's but as I measure 183 cm (6 Feet) I don't think I can... -sobbingforever-]


Anyways, as for the quality of the shoe: 
They make a very good impression on me concerning the materials used and the quality of the whole boot. The Velevt is soft and fluffy as far as you can call Velvet fluffy ;) And thank gooood, the platforms are neither too heavy nor are they too light...they're comfortable to walk in but I haven't really worn them out yet buuut it will happen this weekend :) 
Also they're not hard to walk in, it's just like as if you'd be walking in flats just more awesome :D




walk up that mirroooor :D

Now a quick note about Karmaloop:

As I have heard like tons of bad things about them and about things that happened to people who ordered from them like 2 left shoes, wrong sizes, wrong colors...etc. I read all that after I ordered from them so you can imagine how worried I was that I would get two left or two right shoes...
But when they arrived all my worries just went away because I got the right size, the right color aaand a left shoes and a right shoe so they didn't fuck my order up.. *^*

So there's still hope that you get the right things at the first try...

Concerning the shipping: The price for the shipping was alright, I guess, I paid around 19$..but considering that they shipped these from Germany to Austria it was a bit pricey.. I'll just ignore that :p

Also Karmaloop like uses the biggest boxes I ever received... the bow my shoes came in was almost TWICE the size of the actual shoebox... -.-


It was kind of unnecessary if you ask me to use such a huuge box for an actually normal sized shoe box...  ._.

But other than that everything went fine with Karmaloop and also the shipping was quite fast. It didn't even take 2 weeks to get to me and that is fast considering that I chose the cheapest and slowest shipping method...

Price:

Originally they cost $79 but I got them on sale for like $56 or something...and by now they've even gone down to $39,95.. so go get theem they're amazing :3


All in all, it's an amazing shoe and I'm so freaking glad that I finally found one like I always wanted at an affordable price in my size.
So if you're looking for an amazing platform boot that rocks any outfit and it's also a perfect everyday shoe !


 *buubbles *^**



This boots are made for walking, my dears !


Sayonaraaaaaa ~~ 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7785735/?claim=6fmkksuesd4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment: